I started weight watchers again, online. It will help me keep on track and lose my next 40 lbs. I sometimes do not eat enough and this should help me to eat more consistently and break my huge plateau. Losing fifty pounds was easy, now it is time to take this to another level. With my online ww tracking, my running, and my Melissa Bender Fitness workouts this should be what I need to move the scale. I will be talking about my charities and fitness bucket list once I feel back on track, I gained a few pounds on my weekend in Monterey and my plan is to lose that and start there. Moving to the San Francisco area and my transition has not made my goals as easy as they were in Los Angeles, but I am ready to change that starting today. My first poetry book will be out in a few months and as I awaken with the sun I am reminded that life is beautiful, and I am always ready and willing to evolve and become a better version of myself. Listening to Sirius XM Metropolitan Opera I am inspired for what is to come. It ain’t over till the former fat lady sings.
“Recreate your life, always, always.
Remove the stones, plant rose bushes and make sweets.”
― Cora Coralina
KALE AND BLUEBERRIES, OH MY
The two foods I love to put on everything are Kale and Blueberries and they have zero points on weight watchers.
I eat Kale and Blueberries, a lot. I ask for them in my smoothies, and top all of my salads and sandwiches with them, This is why:
1. They are just tasty and delicious. The combo of bitter crunchy greens with sweet succulent blueberries adds a an interesting mix to my sandwiches, salads and smoothies.
2. They are quick and easy. I am all about how fast I can eat something healthy, because I am on the run and live for convenience. Kale can be found pre-washed and bagged and blueberries are easy, no pealing of a messy fruit.
3. I get instant all natural fiber.One cup of Kale has 1.3 grams of fiber and blueberries have 2.4 grams of fiber. Bam, I am getting my fiber in without trying. Making a sandwich with Ezekiel Sprouted Bread just ups the fiber content. Add a little protein and you have a clean eating, nutritious quick meal. I am all about convenience and food on the go. So I can go; go work out, go running.
4. Superfoods are super. Blueberries are little blue anti-aging wonders, loaded with antioxidants, and they reduce inflammation. They are delicious too. Kale is loaded with potassium, B6, Vitamin C. I love the crunch it adds to an unlikely combo of kale and peanut butter on Sprouted Ezekiel Bread. A wonder sandwich without the wonder bread. Wonderful!!
5. They keep me looking young, well that is my story and I am sticking with it. No, really, Kale is loaded with iron which helps with hair loss, and Vitamin C helps with building collagen for skin and hair. Blueberries are an anti inflammatory food, and we all know by now inflammation is not our friend.
This is not a scientific study of course, just my personal observation about two of my favorite foods. I find when you are losing weight, it makes sense to find what you like and stock your fridge with it so you are prepared to move forward in your weight loss endeavors with success. What are your favorite foods? Just go for it, and keep being wonderful.
Love and Light