Happy Tuesday to all. Today officially begins the second round of my weight loss journey and this blog. It is a brand new beginning. I am not looking back, I am looking forward. There are a lot of thoughts that occupy my mind but I refuse to let the negative ones take up my precious mental space. One thought that comes to mind is that blogging has changed so much since I began in 2013. Everyone seems to have professional blogs and sometimes I feel like my little weight loss blog doesn’t seem to fit anymore. I do not have professional equipment, heck I need a new computer and a new phone. When I began in 2013 I didn’t even have a cell phone. That didn’t work out for me so I decided to venture into the modern world and I have not looked back. I have noticed a lot of blogs and their Instagram pages seem to also have professional photos. So, what am I to do, wait until I have all of these material items or like my Mom would say, “suck it up kid and just do it.”
No negative thoughts, this is my blog and my journey and I do not like to put things off. Life is too short. So Here I am, day one with a lot of blessings that I have to be able to begin a brand new healthy lifestyle. Instead of looking at the negative reasons I do not fit, I am listing the things I am grateful for. These things help me as I begin my healthy lifestyle again. Weight loss journey 2.0
- I learned so much the first time around, my best friend is fitness blogger and I can do her workouts at home anytime. Check her out at www.benderfitness.com
- I know my body, and what it needs. I simply stopped doing it, but I know the ins and outs of nutrition and how to live a healthy lifestyle. I live a plant-based lifestyle and I really have learned in the past to treat my body like a temple and not a trash can. I am just relearning my former healthy habits.
- I may not have all the fancy equipment, but I do have a phone, a computer; and I live in an apartment community that has a two level gym, a pool and a jacuzzi, a computer room among other amenities. I can utilize these gifts for my blogging experience. I also live in an area that is amazing to run in. The weather is mostly warm and I should have no excuses going forward. Gratitude before grumpy excuses.
- Plant based and transitioning to Veganism in Houston sounds crazy, and in a way it is. HEB is the best grocery store with so many healthy options. I cannot say how happily surprised I am with their selection for so many types of healthy lifestyles. Vegan in Texas? Heck yeah, with the help of HEB.
- My husband James. Having someone on board is huge. He is really into working out and cardio, and is open-minded to transitioning to a plant-based diet. He walks the walk, and we work out together. He even paid for me to get my group exercise instructor Certification with The American Council of Exercise. I passed my CPR and my exam is on August 27th. I am so grateful to be married to my best friend and that we mirror each other’s stride.
So, excuses be damned. I am in it to win it, and my prize is a healthier me. Day one done and done. Here we go!!
Love and Light