Soups, they are so simple and satisfying. I love to make soups, one pot wonders that make it easy to eat healthy and there is always an abundance for the next day. Warm your heart and soul with my healthy yet delicious chicken soup with grains and vegetables and remember to share with someone you love. Soups are the perfect autumn dinner and make the chill a little more tolerable. Paired with some crusty whole grain bread and a simple spinach salad mixed with oil and vinegar and you have such a well rounded and healthy meal. Manga’
HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP WITH VEGETABLES AND GRAINS
You will need:
Low sodium chicken stock, as much as directions calls for in place of water.
One package Mirepoix mix or a blend of chopped celery, carrots, and onions.
One pack of Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend or a pack of Orzo
Start by sauteing Mirepoix mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil, and make Harvest Grains Blend or orzo with low sodium chicken stock in place of water, following directions. After cooked set aside.
One package of carrots
One large onion
One package turnips
One package carrots
a few cloves of garlic
Two cartons low sodium chicken stock
Four boneless chicken breasts
sea salt, ground pepper
This is such a simple yet delicious soup.
1. Add chopped carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and turnips to a large pot.
2. Add boneless chicken and both cartons of low sodium chicken stock.
3. Flavor with a generous amount of fresh dill, sea salt, ground pepper and dried thyme.
4. Bring to a rolling boil, careful to not let the soup over boil.
5. Bring temperature down to low and let simmer for over one hour until the chicken has cooked through.
6. Remove chicken and chop in nice size bites and add chicken pieces back to the soup.
7. Add half of the grain/orzo mix to soup and blend.
It was so delicious, especially with oyster crackers. James ate three bowls. I am making soup this evening, and I just purchased a crock pot so I will be experimenting with my new cooking toy soon.
Love and Light to all